Blogger and Webmaster Jeremy Schoemaker aka “Shoemoney” answered questions on his blog about the famous picture where he is holding a $ 132 994.97 Google Adsense Check.
Check is real even if it’s hard to believe (click to enlarge) :
It was for the month August 2005 and we can see the full month report from AdSense (he has permission from Google to display CTR and eCPM rates) : (click to enlarge)
- revenues were made on his website Nextpimp.com (Wallpapers and Free Ringtones)
- it’s 100% user generated content (494 000 members)
- at the time his expenses were 1 server @ 299$ per month for hosting, so it’s at least 130k profit.
- none of traffic was PPC (Pay Per Click) but was 70% from direct access, 15% from search engines and 15% from referrals
- stats : 75 000 uniques visitors per day
- to the question Do you think its possible to still earn that kind of revenue? (most often asked question), Jeremy answers : YES.
- Shoemoney never tried to make any money the first 1.5 years it was running. He just concentrated on providing a good service. About 2 years after he started the site he started to do good revenue from AdSense
Insane, no ?! these nice pics make me living again… even if people like “Shoemoney” are not a lot in this world…
And see, there is more to come: Shoemoney says that Adsense earnings only count for 5% of his total revenue on his websites.
In october Shoemoney’s blog gave him $ 30 000 in direct sales (advertising logos, banners).
In march 2007 he earned $ 709 626.81 as an affiliate of Commission Junction.
Back to Adsense Check, when I look on comments in the post, Shoemoney says:
“I have a good friend that was doing about 2M per month.. so that would be about 65k per day so yes 100k every few days for sure is possible”
The guy who is speaking about must be Marcus from Plentyoffish.com (2 millions unique visitors per day!)
So I am going to bed now and I will put Shoemoney’s Adsense Check just above my bed.. may be it will bring me success…