Companies, marketers and advertising agencies are facing a dramatic shift in marketing realitiy – and are increasingly failing to connect with consumers. The big challenge in times of exchangeable products, the rise of social media and mature and rather brand sceptic consumers: To find new ways how to get people engaged again in products, advertising and in brands.
Check is real even if it’s hard to believe (click to enlarge) :
It was for the month August 2005 and we can see the full month report from AdSense (he has permission from Google to display CTR and eCPM rates) : (click to enlarge)
- revenues were made on his website Nextpimp.com (Wallpapers and Free Ringtones)
- it’s 100% user generated content (494 000 members)
- at the time his expenses were 1 server @ 299$ per month for hosting, so it’s at least 130k profit.
- none of traffic was PPC (Pay Per Click) but was 70% from direct access, 15% from search engines and 15% from referrals
- stats : 75 000 uniques visitors per day
- to the question Do you think its possible to still earn that kind of revenue? (most often asked question), Jeremy answers : YES.
- Shoemoney never tried to make any money the first 1.5 years it was running. He just concentrated on providing a good service. About 2 years after he started the site he started to do good revenue from AdSense
Insane, no ?! these nice pics make me living again… even if people like “Shoemoney” are not a lot in this world…
And see, there is more to come: Shoemoney says that Adsense earnings only count for 5% of his total revenue on his websites.
In october Shoemoney’s blog gave him $ 30 000 in direct sales (advertising logos, banners).