How much does the Government Shutdown cost to the Economy ?
– $24 billion overall impact to US Economy
– 2.4% new projection for annualized growth of the nation’s gross domestic product in fourth quarter, instead of 3% before Shutdown.
– $152 million lost per day in travel spending
– $76 million lost in daily visitor spending in national parks in 12 states
– $160 million: The amount that federal government furloughs cost the economy each workday
– $737.95: amount the average consumer will spend this holiday season. It’s 2% less than last year
– 358,000: The number of initial unemployment claims last week