Blog Competition is a new Digg-like competition with prizes for the top posts (up to $2500, monthly prizes and a weekly featured article).
The site is run by “Chris” author of Blogsrecord, GotToRead and MattNutt
Add a Vote Button in your blog, you can find them here on the BlogCompetition Blog.
A WordPress Contest Plugin is also available for download.
Prizes are on offer on a regular basis including:
* $25 for the top post within the month.
* $2500 for the top post of the year
* Weekly featured post on the front page
* T-Shirt Every 4 Months for the top post in each category
* Banner Ad 125×125 for the bottom post weekly
* Top Post of each category gets a 468×60 or 125×125 banner ad on each of my other sites (per month, ads are rotated)
* Plus regular sponsored prizes, best of all you don’t have to pay a thing.
Social News Site Mixx.com could be the Digg-killer.
Mixx Beta launched on September 20 and is founded by Chris McGill, General Manager of Yahoo News and VP Strategy at USA Today.
Mixx is a mix of Digg, LinkedIn and MyYahoo.
According to Techcrunch, a lot of people are leaving digg for Mixx. And especially ex top-diggers like Greg Davies.
Even a digg forum refugees has opened on Mixx message boards.
But why is Mixx so different from Digg ?
A lot of users are discussing about conspiracy and buried stories on Digg.
On Mixx, many users have already had a very good experience with their submissions voted on and see more positive audience and comments. Mixx users are free and seem to have good education.
I am going to test this new website right now! I will see if what everybody is talking about is true. I can just say my experience on Digg is not very conclusive because if you have not a lot of friend among top diggers your story will never go on the homepage.
Other Good Digg-like I use and that are better than Digg: Reddit, Shoutwire, Sphinn and Propeller.